Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Memories of summers past

I was looking to see if I could find a picture of the boat my parents owned when I was a teen in the 60s and I found this picture of a very similar old wood sailboat . My parents boat was bigger and differently rigged but no matter . Imagine a teen boy (me) who was an expert sailor taking the high school home coming queen wearing a bikini out sailing on a boat like this on the Great South Bay of Long Island . The two of us alone . Oh what times those were . Anyway the boat they had was a wonderful thing . I saw it once from a bridge that crosses the bay in the mid 1980s and I'd be willing to bet it still is out there sailing on the bay . I'm guessing tracking it down might be damn near impossible and it's not all that important really but those were the days . allan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home