Friday, February 10, 2006

What makes this an island

Here's a picture of the atlantic ocean . Could be anyday , any time of the year . It's very calm on this day , I don't remember when this picture was taken but it doesn't matter . It's timeless. When we are all dead this water will still be lapping at this shore . The only thing changed will be the people who see it . Without this water Long Island would be nothing , not even an island , it would be no more then a Detroit or an Indianapolis . It wouldn't even be that for that matter . This is the best place to start this journal . If you should get to long island one day by all means , stay away from the strip malls , the big malls (lubee) and come see this , bring a dog , yes you can bring a dog here off season to run like a madden creature full of the energy God has given it with wild abandon . Opps , I;m getting carried away with my words , this is how much I love this island I live on , it sends me into words of rapture . Looking at this ocean to me is like hearing Martin Luther King give his I've been to the mountain top speach not long before he was gunned down . God I loved Martin , oh my , its been such an emotional few weeks . enough .

This is the start of my journal and my head is awash at the scope of what I am going to try to present to you all here . To see this beautiful island with all its millions of parts and aspects as I see it . I hope I'm up to this task . It may be the last creative thing I do in my retched life much like Capote and In Cold Blood , I hope it doesn't drive me back to the bottle but to end with my favorite words, time will tell. Thank you , Allan

4 Comments:

Blogger Meme said...

I like that picture a lot alan

1:32 PM  
Blogger sparky said...

thanks mum, hard to belive thats the same ocean that you have over in England , small world , allan

7:33 PM  
Blogger Meme said...

yeah this side it;s brown and freezing.if you don;t monnd could you send me that picture I quite facy printing it out and having it framed and in the bathroom

9:54 AM  
Blogger sparky said...

of course mum , be my guest , ill send it off to you in a bit . i need to eat this ice cream first . allan

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home