Friday, January 19, 2007

My second car



About 2 years after getting the Triumph (I suppose I was 18 or so ) I was seriously under the spell of these English sports cars. I sold the Triumph and bought a 1961 MGA . This was also a wonderful car tho under powered ( as were all English cars compared to the huge American cars in those days) . Both of these cars had 4 cylinder engines in the 80 HP range . They were pretty slow off the line but handled well at high speeds and were a joy to drive. At the time they were also pretty exotic. Only one other guy in my High School had and English Sports car , my best friend Bob who had an Austin Healy 3000 MK III. A gorgeous machine I'll find a picture of next . Funny how much I still love these cars after all these years . allan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home