Friday, April 28, 2006

A memorial near the lake

Someone died here and it must of been a while ago . From the stuff that is left here I'd guess it was a kid. I've watched this thing grow over the last 3 or 4 years . Sometimes it shrinks when someone takes away badly weathered things but it will grow back. I see it daily on the road that goes around the lake . Usually I have idiot boy (spark) with me and its a bad place to stop for a picture but today I was there alone and thought it's now or never . It's on a dangerous curve in the road and I'd bet some kid was hit by a car while he /she was walking . I find these things very ugly but some people must like them or they have meaning to someone . Rarely , I see a bunch of young kids there having a sort of service to the dead I guess . Well, here it is , Allan

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

the someone that died must have been very special to many people to have that much stuff going on for 4 years.

4:27 AM  
Blogger sparky said...

Hey , maybe it's just a spot litter ends up and I put this whole "a child died here" thing in my head.

5:38 AM  
Blogger sparky said...

I drove by the memorial today again alone going up to town . There were 2 people doing something to it so I stopped and pleasantly asked if they knew who the memorial was for and what happened . Bear with me here , this is true: the woman was scary (the man never turned around from looking at the memorial ) she immediately went on the defensive and snarled what the fuck do you want to know for . Hmmm, i mentioned I see it daily and was just curious . She says , "beat it buddy , it's none of your business" I say , sorry maam but there is no reason to be so hostile . She says "get out of here " again with a snarl. I decide I have had enough of these strange people so I say , Sorry again and something to the effect that she is being very hostile and seriously needs to see a shrink . As I drive off I hear her shriek "suck ass buddy " and I laugh and I have to wonder just "who was that strange woman?"

11:35 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

maybe it is some kind of voodoo and she is the voodoo goddess.

4:50 AM  
Blogger sparky said...

After thinking about the whole very hostile attitude of this weird woman I have a feeling I happened into the middle of what was a small drug deal of some sort and had nothing to do with the memorial at all except using it as a meeting place . She was way too pissed off about me asking a simple question . allan

5:21 AM  
Blogger Meme said...

I hate those memorial things people do at the scene of a death .If you are goin to leave flowers at least take them out the cellophane ,They are ugly and eyesores ,give the money to charity in th persons name put up a park bench with a plaque anything but

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home