Friday, January 19, 2007

My current car is a 1988 Lincoln Towncar

This is the car ( not this one but close enough) I bought from a neighbor last summer for 200 dollars and mine is in about this condition looks wise. It's also in great mechanical condition . The term "stepping in shit " applies here . I love driving this huge machine and gas milage wise it 's not all that bad . It's one of the smoothest cars I've ever ridden in . Also very quiet . It has a huge V8 engine in it . After buying this car I started looking for other old lincolns and found out that none of them sell for much right up to the late 90s . After this car is ruined ( if I ruin it ) my plans are to keep buying big old lincolns . For a grand you can one in mint condition . I don't ever expect to find another for 200 but who knows . No one wants these cars because they think they get terrible gas milage which just isn't true . The 1988 Towncar is rated by the EPA at 24 highway and 17 city . I guess I get the city rate since I just drive it around town which is fitting for a towncar . One of these and an old Triumph TR3 for summer would be perfect for me. Allan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home