Friday, January 19, 2007

Another car I owned early on

After getting over my need for sports cars ( I was in college at the time) I bought a used Corvair coupe. 4 on the floor transmssion . Corvairs had an aircooled pancake engine in the rear of the car much like VWs had at that time ( I've also owned many VWs including a yellow convertable like Diane Keaton drove in Annie Hall and a few different campers ) The corvair was a great little car irregardless of what that fucking nut ralph nader said at the time . Unsafe at any speed my ass . Personally I don't think Ralph Nader has ever been laid . He's lived alone his whole rotten life and anyway what woman would fuck that guy fully knowing he was rating her performance ? Fucking nut job . Election spoiler , holier then thou piece of trash . Anyway back to the corvair . This car was way more practical then the sports cars I had owned earlier and speaking of getting laid YOU could actually get laid in this car . Try fucking in a Triumph or MG . It's damn near impossible and trust me I've tried it . I forget what came after the corvair . It seems there were a succession of english mini cars I was never too happy with. Then I discovered Volkswagens . Actually the yellow convertable VW belonged to my ex more or less . I had a few regular VW cars too. One with some cocamamie half automatic half stick tranny . you shifted the damn thing but there was no clutch to press in . That was a piece of crap . The vehicle I had probably the longest was a 1960 VW bus / camper that i pretty much saved from being junked . I had to put a new engine and tranny in that bus (new/used from a junkie) and yes I did all the work myself . When I was younger I enjoyed working on cars but no more . Car greese/dirt is disgusting . I leave all that up to my mechanic now tho in a pinch I can usually get a car running if its conked out . maybe later I'll run some VW pictures . allan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home