Wednesday, January 24, 2007

1963 Triumph TR3B , the last of the TR3 series cars

This car is a very rare 1963 TR3B . Its last year was technically 1962 (the only year the B was sold and only to the American market ). there were a scarce few manufactured in 1963. Those few cars had the larger engine of the new TR4 that Triumph came out with in 1963. It also had the TR4 drivetrain and overdrive transmission giving it a 5th gear esentially . (the TR4 was a comepletely different design with a larger engine and improved drivetrain) This car is on Ebay at a starting price of just under 20 thousand . It looks like a beautiful car ( i saw many other pictures of it ) . I would love to own this vehicle but I'll be damned if I have an extra 20 grand to spend on something so frivolous, Maybe in a few years when I feel I can I'll see if I can find a TR3A more in the 8 to 10 grand range I can buy . The thing with these cars thou unlike a new type car is they tend to increase in value as time marches on as long as they are stored well and kept in good shape . Allan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home